Where is my order / I want to speak to someone about my order
We will have been working on your order and you should have received emails with regular updates.
Your order confirmation email contains a link which shows you the progress of your order. From here you can also get help relating directly to your order.
Alternatively if you have an account, you can view your order history and follow the "Track & Help" link from there.
If you need any further help please refer to the sections below.
- Worldwide Delivery
Wordery offers FREE worldwide delivery on ALL orders.
Standard UK orders are sent via Royal Mail and selected orders, such as Express Delivery, via partner couriers.
All international orders are sent via Royal Mail priority air mail.
We will always try to send your order in as few packages as possible. However sometimes we have to send your items separately, but we'll display this clearly in My Wordery orders.
- Delivery Times
The expected delivery time for each item is clearly listed on each product page and in checkout.
Postal services vary around the world and delivery speed depends on the delivery country and the item you are ordering.
As a guide most items will be delivered in the following times:
- United Kingdom 3-5 working days
- Europe 7-10 working days
- USA and Canada up to 21 working days
- Australia and New Zealand 7-10 working days
- Rest of the World 7-14 working days
- Express Delivery
Express Delivery offers two upgrade options; Royal Mail First Class (1-2 working days) and a tracked next day courier service.
Books stocked in our warehouse that are being delivered to mainland UK are eligible for delivery upgrades, and can be identified by the Express Delivery tag.
Royal Mail First Class £2.85 per order - Royal Mail aims to deliver within 1-2 working days - and also deliver on Saturdays.
Tracked next day Courier £4.95 per order - Guaranteed, tracked and signed for, arriving the next working day (excludes weekends and public holidays).
Why can't I upgrade all of the items in my order?
Some of our books are print-on-demand, or sourced from around the globe, so they can’t be upgraded to Express Delivery.
The time it takes us to get these books from our suppliers is already included in the delivery estimates we show on our product pages, and in checkout.
Why has my order been split into two delivery types?
This is to make it clear which books will be sent using our standard free worldwide delivery and those that eligible for Express Delivery upgrades. We always try to send you as few parcels as possible.
Why can't I upgrade my delivery to outside the UK?
Royal Mail First Class and our current courier only deliver to mainland UK. We'll let you know if this changes in the future.
Are there any places in the UK where delivery cannot be made or where delivery is slower?
Northern Ireland and Scottish Highlands and Islands are usually a 2-3 working day service for Royal Mail First Class deliveries. For Tracked Courier, it’s a 2 working day service. Unfortunately, we don't currently offer Express Delivery to Gibraltar, Guernsey or Jersey.
What are the order cut-off times for Express Delivery?
Royal Mail First Class
Royal Mail aims to deliver within two working days - including Saturdays
- Mon – Fri: order by 13:00 for next working day delivery (Northern Ireland, and the Scottish Highlands and Islands are usually a 2-3 working day service).
- Sat – Sun: delivery will be on Tuesday (excluding public holidays).
- Order on a public holiday and your order may take an extra working day to arrive.
- (Royal Mail does not deliver on public holidays or Sundays.)
How do I track my order?
Tracking is only available for tracked next day courier. We’ll email you a tracking link when your delivery is on the way. Our courier usually collects parcels the evening before, or on the day of, your delivery.
First Class and free delivery are not tracked services.
Tracked next day courier
Guaranteed, tracked and signed for, next working day courier delivery.
- Mon - Thurs: order by 17:00 for next working day delivery (15:00 for Northern Ireland and Scottish Highlands and Islands – this is a two working day service).
- Fri - Sun: order by 10:00am on Sun for next working day delivery.
- Sun and bank holidays: orders will be delivered in two working days.
- (Our courier does not deliver on public holidays or Saturdays and Sundays.)
- Delivery Countries
We offer FREE worldwide delivery to the countries listed below:
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Holy See (Vatican City State)
Isle of Man
Korea, Republic of
Macedonia, the Former Yugoslav Republic of
Moldova, Republic of
Saint Pierre and Miquelon
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
- Why is the delivery time for some items longer than others?
Wordery has a selection of about 200,000 popular titles waiting for you in a local warehouse and distribution centre. With an online catalogue of over 8 million titles, it's possible that your item is delivered from a different warehouse or in some cases direct from the publisher, which requires a little extra time.
We also offer a number of 'print on demand' titles; these are printed especially for you.
Price and payment
Prices listed include VAT (if applicable) and delivery is FREE to all countries. We display prices in five different currencies and select the correct one for you where possible. You can purchase in other currencies, just select the right currency for you in the dropdown.
- Great Britain Pounds GBP:£
- US Dollars USD:$
- Euros EUR:€
- Australian Dollars AUD:$
- Canadian Dollars CAD:$
We try to offer the most competitive prices at all times, so our prices frequently change. The prices displayed in checkout on the confirmation page / email will be those charged.
A small number of pre-paid payment cards can't be processed. If you are trying to use a pre-paid payment card and are having difficulties please contact us at [email protected].
You can pay using MasterCard credit or debit cards, Visa credit or debit cards, Solo, or PayPal.
In order for our payment provider to check that your credit / debit card details are correct and valid they perform a verification check on your card. Occasionally this involves a small (£/$/€ 1) authorisation being generated, which may appear on your statement. Please note, the money will not actually be taken from your account and this charge should disappear or be reversed within a couple of days. If you believe this charge has not been correctly reversed, please use the Contact Us section and we can look into the issue further.top
All item prices shown on wordery.com include VAT (if applicable), the amount is based on your location / country. If you decide to deliver the item to another country, VAT will be adjusted.
VAT may vary from country to country and will need to be paid as part of your order.
Any VAT charges will be clearly displayed on the checkout pages.
Goods and Services Tax (GST)
On 1st July 2018, the government introduced a law to extend Goods and Services Tax (GST) to low value imports of physical goods imported by consumers. In line with the new regulations around GST, we can confirm all of the prices on our website are inclusive of GST and we pay all the relevant and local taxes to the Australian Taxation Office.
GST charges will be clearly displayed on the checkout pages.top
A pre-order is an advanced order for a book which hasn't been published yet. The expected publishing date is displayed on the book page.
We dispatch pre-orders as soon as they become available to us from the publisher, which is usually the day before the publication date.
As a guide most pre-orders will be delivered in the following time after the publication date:
- United Kingdom 2-4 working days
- Europe 7-10 working days
- USA up to 14 working days
- Canada 7 working days
- Australia and New Zealand 7-10 working days
- Rest of the World 7-14 working days
We charge for pre-orders when you place the order through wordery.com. If you wish to cancel the order before it has been dispatched please contact us to let us know as soon as possible, as if the order has already been processed we may not be able to cancel it.top
If you've changed your mind, you can return your book(s) for a full refund. Please be advised that we cannot currently exchange books, however we can offer replacements if necessary. We are also unable to offer a free returns service.
- Extended Christmas returns
- Returns accepted until 15th January 2019 for orders placed on Wordery.com from 19th November 2018.
- For a refund, the book(s) need to be returned:
- in the original undamaged condition (ideally in the original packaging).
- within 30 days of the day you received the book(s).
- with a copy of your receipt slip*.
using the following details**:
For Worldwide Returns (Non-US):
1 Broadland Business Park
For US returns:Contact us or get in touch with Customer Services at [email protected] for details of the address to use for your return.
* If you no longer have your receipt slip to hand, please ensure that you include a note in the parcel with details of your name, address and order number. Failure to include these details may result in your return remaining unprocessed.
** Please ensure you obtain a proof of posting receipt. We recommend you use a registered mail service that includes insurance, as we cannot give you a refund if we do not receive the book, or if it becomes damaged in transit.
- Damaged or incorrect book(s)
If your book(s) has arrived damaged or if we have sent you the wrong book(s) please contact us and include the order number and details.
Please do not return your damaged or incorrect book until you have received a response to your email from customer services.
- How will you be refunded?
Wordery will refund the returned book(s) upon receipt, via the same method that you originally use to pay for the book(s).
Please be aware that refunds can take up to 30 days to appear on your statement.
- Can I change my delivery address after I've ordered?
Speed of service is very important at Wordery. If your book is in stock, it's often ready to be dispatched within half an hour. Because of this, it is vital to double-check your order before it's submitted.
We understand that everyone makes mistakes and occasionally you may want to amend an order. If this is the case, please use the form on our Contact Us page as quickly as possible, sending us as much information as you can so that we can do our best to help. However, if the order is already being processed then we may not be able to change the details.
- Late delivery
In the event of dispatched books being delayed beyond our estimated delivery times or lost in the post, we will offer a replacement or refund. We do please ask that you to wait the set time after the date of dispatch, outlined in the dispatch confirmation email, before contacting us.
- UK – 10 days.
- Western Europe – 21 days
- USA and Canada – 21 days.
- Rest of the world – 35 days.
If you have waited the listed time for your book(s), which still has not arrived, please contact us with as much information as possible and include your order number.
- Complaints Process
We hope that you are pleased with your purchase and the service you have received from Wordery, and that you'll never have reason to complain - but if there is something you are not happy with, for example;
- Your goods haven't arrived?
- Your order isn't what you expected?
- You need to query your account?
- You'd like to speak to a manager?
We hope you will tell the relevant Wordery team about it so that we can try to put matters right. We can sort things out quickly, just contact us via any of the methods below:
- Fill in our contact us form here.
- Email us by clicking here,
or write to us at the following address:Wordery.com
Customer Services Dept
1 Peachman Way
Broadland Business Park
NR7 0WF UNITED KINGDOM
We aim to respond to customer queries received via our Contact Us form and email within 24 hours. We aim to respond to posted letters within 48 hours of receipt.
- Escalating the complaint
If after contacting us by the methods listed above you feel we still haven't resolved your complaint satisfactorily, please request the contact details for the Customer Service Manager.
In the unlikely event we are unable to resolve your complaint; we refer you to the following Online Dispute Resolution Platform as follows: http://ec.europa.eu/odr.
Discount codes can only be used and applied to your order during checkout. Simply enter your code on the payment page. Some codes are valid only once per user or for your first order.
Discount codes will have an expiry date; we'd hate you to miss out so please make sure the code is still valid.
Discount codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
10% off second book - the 10% discount is applied to the second product and any subsequent product, in order of decreasing value.
We have the right to withdraw the offer at any time and without notice.top
Spread the Wordery
Spread the Wordery is a referral programme. It enables customers to recommend Wordery to friends and family and, in doing so, offer such friends and family a 5% discount code to use on their first order at wordery.com. The customer who made the referral will themselves receive a 5% discount code to use on their next order at wordery.com for each recommended friend and family member that accepts their recommendation and uses the generated discount code to purchase from wordery.com. This discount code will be emailed directly to the customer who made the referral.
- All discount codes are single use only.
- The referring customer may only use one discount code per order.
- The discount is valid for up to 30 days after being generated.
Ordering a lot of books?
If you want to order a large range of books, then we have a handy bulk ordering tool for you.
Simply copy and paste the list of ISBNs into the box on the cart page. Or you can add them to the Wordery excel file and upload them.
You can download the Wordery Excel file here. Just add the ISBNs and the quantity you want to order, save it and then use the upload tool in the basket.
After you have reviewed your cart, just checkout as normal.top
Product and Bibliographic Information
We do our upmost to ensure all our product information is correct and we take product information from publishers directly. However occasionally this information can be incorrect or out of date.
If you feel that information listed on the website is incorrect, please Contact Us and we'll take a look.top
Wordery take your data security very seriously, we do everything possible for you to shop with confidence.
Any data held about you and your order is held securely and encrypted to ensure that your details cannot be read by any unauthorised third party.
Wordery use a PCI complaint third party payment provider to process credit card payments.
We use the best commercially available security software (SSL), for e-commerce, plus it's the best solution for secure, online commerce transactions.
Please note: we will never ask you to reveal your credit card pin, password or bank details. If you are ever contacted or receive unsolicited emails asking for this kind of information, which you do not think is genuine, please Contact Us.top
Wordery has advanced search features to help you find the exact item you're looking for.
You can search wordery.com using title, publisher, keywords, ISBNs or any combinations of these. You can also perform a wider search by filtering through our categories.
If you have trouble finding an item, let us help. Contact us with as much information as you can and we‘ll help you locate the item or try and get hold of it (if not currently in stock).top
We want to make it as easy as possible for you choose the books you'll enjoy and what better way than by hearing the views of other book lovers. That's why we encourage everybody to share reviews on books they've read and help others find their next brilliant read.
- So, who can write reviews?
- Everybody. You just need to sign in to your Wordery account and follow a few simple 'house rules'.
- Our top tips
- Tell us 'why': Instead of only saying what you did and didn't like, tell us why you felt that way about the book. Using examples and/or comparisons is a great way to do this.
- Somewhere between a tweet and an essay: The ideal length is 100-200 words but if you have more to say then please do so. However, there is a limit of 1,000 characters.
- Give suggestions: Suggest similar books that we might want to read if we enjoy the book you're reviewing. We'll all really appreciate it!
- Be honest: It's important you give your honest opinion, both good and bad. Criticism is welcome, as long as it isn't offensive (see our 'house rules').
- Full disclosure: If you received a free book in exchange for your review, please clearly disclose that that you received the book free of charge.
Our simple house rules
We love hearing your views and encourage you to write as many reviews as you'd like to but please keep in mind that we reserve the right to remove reviews that include any of the following:
- Objectionable material
- Obscene or distasteful content including sexually explicit comments.
- Profane or spiteful remarks.
- Reviews that are harassing or threatening, or that contain hate speech or bigotry.
- Promotional content:
- Advertisements or promotional material.
- Sentiments by or on behalf of a person, company or website with a financial interest in the product or a directly competing product.
- Reviews written for any form of compensation, other than a free copy of the product. Please disclose this in the review.
- Abuse of the Wordery ratings system, such as rating the same work more than once for the purpose of inflating or deflating the book's average rating.
- Solicitations for votes.
- Any content forming part of an organised campaign to promote or undermine a product or author.
- Inappropriate content:
- Reviews that are not your own original work.
- Phone numbers, mailing addresses, email addresses and URLs external to wordery.com.
- Details about availability, price, or alternative ordering/shipping methods.
- Remarks directed at other reviewers.
- Remarks about an author that are not related to their published work.
- Off-topic content:
- Feedback about Wordery.com (positive or negative). We encourage you to send us feedback and you can do so by emailing [email protected] or leaving feedback at reviews.io.
- Content not specific to the item being reviewed.
- Feedback about typos or inaccuracies in the Wordery catalogue or product description (instead, please contact us at [email protected]).
Reviews posted on Wordery.com are based on individual's opinions. The opinions expressed in reviews are those of Wordery customers and not of Wordery (Wordery.com Limited). We do not endorse any of the opinions expressed by reviewers.
If you have any questions about writing or submitting customer reviews, please e-mail us at [email protected].top
To create a wishlist, simply visit the page and click “Create a wishlist”. Here you have the opportunity to name this list whatever you’d like, whether it’s a personal list for yourself or a Christmas shopping list for friends/family. You can manage and edit your lists 24/7 and have the option to make them public or private. If you’d like to share a specific list with someone you’ll need to make the list public first, which can be done by clicking “Edit List” then you’ll see the options on how to share the list. By the way; making your wishlist ‘public’ won’t reveal any of your personal data.
To add an item to a specific list, click “Add to wishlist”, which is found near to the “Add to basket” button on each product page.
If you’d like to receive an email when an item in your list has dropped in price, ensure you are signed up to receive our marketing emails and tick the box ‘Email me when items in my wishlist drop in price.’ under ‘Communications’. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time by unticking the box.top