$14.79+ FREE delivery RRP $15.95 You save $1.16 (7%)
Last few at this price
FREE delivery to United States in 4-8 working days
Ready To Go This book will leave our US warehouse within 1-2 working days.
Wordery has an Excellent rating of 4.69 on
"Inequality is more than just economics. It is the culture that divides and makes social mobility impossible. Leading geographer Danny Dorling goes in pursuit of the latest... Read more
"Inequality is more than just economics. It is the culture that divides and makes social mobility impossible. Leading geographer Danny Dorling goes in pursuit of the latest research into how the lives and ideas of the 1 percent impact the remaining 99 percent; and the findings are shocking. Inequality in the UK is increasing; more and more people are driven toward the poverty line. The mere accident of being born outside the 1 percent will have a dramatic impact on the rest of your life: it will reduce your life expectancy, as well as educational and work prospects, and affect your mental health. In this book filled with illustrations and infographics that bring the facts to life, Dorling convincingly proves that the cost of the super rich is just too high for us"--
Inequality and the 1% Paperback edition by Danny Dorling
Danny Dorling is the Halford Mackinder Professor of Geography, Oxford. He appears regularly on TV and radio, and writes for the Guardian, New Statesman and other papers. He advises government and the office for national statistics. Among his books are All That Is Solid; Population 10 Billion; So You Think You Know About Britain?; and Injustice.
Top tips for reviewing
Tell us why you liked or disliked the book; using examples and comparisons is a great way to do this.
The ideal length is 100-200 words but you can write anything up to the 1,000 character limit.
Suggest similar books that people might want to read if they enjoy the book you're reviewing.
Give your honest opinion. We welcome criticism as long as it fits within our 'house rules'.
Upgrading your order to Express Delivery
Most of our bestselling titles are available for express delivery within the UK, just look out for the Express Delivery on the product page.
There are two speedy upgraded delivery options for mainland UK:
Royal Mail First Class (1-2 working days, except Sundays) just £2.85 per order
Tracked next day courier (next working day) just £4.95 per order
Royal Mail First Class - £2.85 per order:
Royal Mail aims to deliver within 1-2 working days* (Mon-Saturday). Order before 13:00 Mon-Friday (excluding public holidays) and your books should arrive the next day (excludes Sunday & public holidays). This delivery service is not tracked.
Tracked next day courier - £4.95 per order:
Guaranteed, tracked and signed for, next working day* courier delivery. Order before 17:00 Mon-Thursday and receive your book the next day (excludes Saturday, Sunday & public holidays). Our courier delivers between 08:00 and 19:00.
*Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Islands usually receive a 2-3 working day service for First Class. For Tracked Courier, it’s a 2 working day service and you need to order by 15:00. Unfortunately, we don't currently offer Express Delivery outside the UK, Gibraltar, Guernsey or Jersey. All deliveries are subject to cut-off times and public holidays.
‘Ready To Go’ - What is it?
These are essentially books that are in our U.K warehouse, which are ready to be dispatched, pretty swiftly (usually within 1-2 working days!).
The dispatch time frame is factored into the delivery estimate you see on this page.
Don’t forget every single book on our website is available with free worldwide delivery, no minimum spend required.