Practical English Usage, Third Edition: Paperback
A Paperback edition by Michael Swan in English (Apr 21, 2005)
This unique reference guide addresses problem points in the language as encountered by learners and their teachers. It gives information and advice that is practical, clear, reliable, and easy to find. Most of the book is about grammar, but it also covers selected points of vocabulary, idioms, style, pronunciation, and spelling.
· Over 600 concise, authoritative entries.
· Explanations and examples based on current corpus research.
· Entries on "kinds of English," covering standard English and dialects, correctness, spoken and written English, formality, and variation and change.
- Michael Swan
- Practical English Usage, Third Edition
- Oxford University Press
- Publication date
- Apr 21, 2005
- Edition Number 3; Revised
- Product dimensions
- 154 x 233 x 31mm
Customer Reviews 5 stars
5 stars 1 customer review