The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine
A Paperback edition by Ilan Pappe in English (Sep 7, 2007)
+ FREE delivery
RRP $18.95 You save $1.85 (9%)
Last few at this price
Short Description: Renowned Israeli historian, Ilan Pappe's groundbreaking book revisits the formation of the State of Israel. Between 1947 and 1949, over 400 Palestinian villages were deliberately... Read more
Renowned Israeli historian, Ilan Pappe's groundbreaking book revisits the formation of the State of Israel. Between 1947 and 1949, over 400 Palestinian villages were deliberately destroyed, civilians were massacred and around a million men, women, and children were expelled from their homes at gunpoint.
Denied for almost six decades, had it happened today it could only have been called "ethnic cleansing". Decisively debunking the myth that the Palestinian population left of their own accord in the course of this war, Ilan Pappe offers impressive archival evidence to demonstrate that, from its very inception, a central plank in Israel's founding ideology was the forcible removal of the indigenous population. Indispensable for anyone interested in the current crisis in the Middle East.
The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine Paperback edition by Ilan Pappe
- Ilan Pappe
- Oneworld Publications
- Publication date
- Sep 7, 2007
- Product dimensions
- 127 x 197 x 26mm
List of Illustrations, Maps and Tables
1. An 'Alleged' Ethnic Cleansing?
2. The Drive for an Exclusively Jewish State
3. Partition and Destruction: UN Resolution 181 and its Impact
4. Finalising a Master Plan
5. The Blueprint for Ethnic Cleansing: Plan Dalet
6. The Phony War and the Real War over Palestine: May 1948
7. The Escalation of the Cleansing Operations: June--September 1948
8. Completing the Job: October 1948--January 1949
9. Occupation and its Ugly Faces
10. The Memoricide of the Nakba
11. Nakba Denial and the 'Peace Process'
12. Fortress Israel
Maps and Tables