The Gentle Birth Method: The Month-by-Month Jeyarani Way Programme
+ FREE delivery
RRP $25.30 You save $7.38 (29%)
Last few at this price
Short Description: Childbirth guru Dr Gowri Motha, who practises with Dr Yehudi Gordon - author of Birth and Beyond - shows women how her revolutionary method helps women carry the baby to full term,... Read more
Childbirth guru Dr Gowri Motha, who practises with Dr Yehudi Gordon - author of Birth and Beyond - shows women how her revolutionary method helps women carry the baby to full term, have less intervention in the birth; feel less pain in labour, and feel happy and in control.
* The Gentle Birth method is a concise pregnancy programme combining diverse therapies such as `creative healing' massage, a simple diet, self-hypnosis, reflexology and affirmation techniques
* The method was created by Dr Gowri Motha as an alternative to conventional obstetric practise, when she became alarmed at the increasing number of women needing intervention during their births. It teaches expectant mothers how to train their bodies and minds in order to reduce or prevent complications during pregnancy and labour.
* This book outlines the Method, with a month-by-month programme explaining how to rebalance the body and tailor it to the optimum condition for the birthing process. It includes guides to treating problems such as:
- back pain
- fluid retention
- stretch marks
* The programme offers women a formal framework in which to prepare their bodies and so avoid facing a labour that is unnecessarily long, arduous and traumatic, with significantly lower uptakes of pain relief.
The Gentle Birth Method Paperback edition by Dr. Gowri Motha
- Dr. Gowri Motha
- Karen Swan MacLeod
- HarperCollins Publishers , Thorsons
- Publication date
- Jun 21, 2004
- Product dimensions
- 181 x 236 x 22mm